Lip Filler vs. Lip Flip: Which is Right for Me? | New Canaan, CT
February 15, 2024
It’s the month of love, and there’s no better time to achieve the lips of your dreams! As we age, our bodies produce less collagen, leading to a loss of volume that can appear in multiple areas of the face, including the lips. Whether you’re dealing with thinning lips, lost volume or lost contours, we’re here to help! We offer two different lip-enhancing treatments: lip filler and lip flip.
Wondering which is a better fit for you? It all depends on your aesthetic goals! Let’s break down their differences:
- Lip flips are performed using small, precise amounts of Botox®, a tried-and-true injectable that’s often used to smooth away fine lines and wrinkles on various areas of the face. During a lip flip, Botox is used to relax a muscle in the upper lip, causing it to flip upward.
- Lip fillers are one of the most popular types of dermal fillers, which are designed to add volume to the skin. They are ultra-smooth gels containing a modified form of hyaluronic acid (HA), a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps skin cells retain moisture.
- Lip flips make your lips appear fuller without adding any volume, creating subtle, natural-looking results and enhancing upper lip definition.
- Lip fillers are formulated to plump the lips and smooth out lip lines. Since fillers add volume to the lips, you can achieve more noticeable results.
- Lip flips can provide a subtle enhancement that lasts about three to four months, thanks to the effects of Botox. You may choose to undergo a lip flip as often as every three to four months once your previous lip flip wears off.
- Lip fillers can provide a more dramatic augmentation that lasts up to one year, depending on the lip filler used and the individual being treated. You may choose to undergo a touch-up treatment every six to 12 months as needed. We will work with you to determine a treatment timeline that suits your needs and goals.